Getting active can do wonders for your physical health and your mental wellbeing. That’s why the American Heart Association recommends spending at least 30 minutes a day, five times a week moving your body. But finding the time and motivation to meet that goal can be harder than it seems.
If you’re looking for more reasons to get up and move, and you want something that won’t scream “I’m wearing a fitness tracker!” I recommend the Fitbit Alta. These wearable devices track your steps and your workouts, and set goals for you to meet each day. And with a sleek style and the ability to change bands, the Alta is the perfect accessory for everything. There are thousands of third-party Alta bands available everywhere from Amazon to Etsy, so you'll never run out of ways to accessorize.
Right now, the Alta is only $99.95—$30 off its usual $130 price—making it a great time to buy. Here are some of its best features
• Track your steps and try to beat your best day every day.
• See how many flights of stairs you climbed.
• Keep an eye on your daily calorie burn.
• Never miss another call or text with on-screen notifications.
• Set silent alarms that quietly wake you up or remind you to take your meds without alerting everyone around you.
• Swap out the bands to go from sporty to professional to formal in a flash.
The Alta HR is also on sale for $129.95 ($20 off). This version is great if you want to keep an eye on your heart rate, especially if you’re doing intense workouts. But if you’re just looking for some added motivation to get off your butt, save the extra $30 to buy some spare bands. The regular Alta will do just fine.